Thursday, March 5, 2009

You Can Quote Me

 Some of my blogging counterparts seem to be in the habit of setting aside a day of the week to do the same thing, week after week:  this one writes about her cat every Monday, that one writes on a letter of the alphabet every Tuesday, Baloney Rants-n-Raves on Wednesday...

This reminds me of an old boss I had; she wore the same grey suit every Monday.  When it was pointed out to me I made a mental note to watch the following week and even put a reminder in my calendar...  sure enough, Monday came, the reminder popped up, I went to see for myself and lo and behold she had on her grey suit.  I had to ask...   ...she said it gave her one day of the week when she really didn't have to think about what she was going to wear, she just had to put it on.

I left the reminder on my PC and week after week, tho her life was easier, my life was given something new to make me giggle...

So, in that same spirit, I've decided to give you "3 for Thursdays"...  I'm not so sure what that means yet, but you can be sure Thursday will bring you three things that are in, relatively, the same vein...

Today: my Quotes  

Sometimes I'm presented with an idea that sticks in my brain and when I think-about-it and think-about-it I get to a point where I come up with a quote that sums up the thought.  I used to think that I'd save all these up for a play I'll write some day (yeah, that'll never happen)...

So, with no more introduction, here are three of my favorite personal quotes.


"I love you to death; and sometimes I think it just might come to that."


"While great minds may think alike, it is also possible for two idiots to make the exact same mistake."


"If you can be dumb enough to reach your conclusion without any facts, I should be smart enough to realize that the facts won't change your mind."


-silly

3 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Quote 2 - isn't that used when talking about 2 idiots coming together and reproducing?

That's what my mom told me it meant when I was younger.

Lrgrhm said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE number 3 and I have the perfect person for it... Thanks!

Stevers said...

I'm already looking forward to Thursday!!