Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stacked and ready, but not quite fired...

Many of you have asked for pictures of my work so I took some shots yesterday while working with Francine... we had a great time...

It was a bright, sunny spring day and we moved piece after piece from the studio to the kiln outside.  You had to be an observer to catch where I found the humor of the day, but there was plenty...  


This is the back of the kiln half full.
This is the back of the kiln full to the ceiling.

This is the kiln full, front and back...

I learned a lot! 

Loading a kiln is not unlike working a puzzle or loading a moving van (which is also like working a giant 3-D puzzle).

As you might guess, I'm very excited to see how it all turns out...  Not all of the work in the kiln is mine; Wolf, Louie, Francine, M&M and AmySu all have a number of pieces firing...

I'm hopeful (smile) that the next photos I have to share will be of some really cool pots!

-silly

2 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so cool! I mean hot. Kilns are hot, but seeing how you stacked it is cool! Sorry, I'm tired and not making any sense.